BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04

2014-11-07 07:21:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04
From: Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:20:21 +0000
Hi David

Thanks for the suggestion however that didn't fix my issue. I would have
expected the backuppc user to be created as part of the package install
in any case.

The problem appears to be one of PEBKAC :( I tried accessing the GUI on
another browser and it's fine. My (normally reliable) Firefox install
appears to be the culprit not the backuppc installation as I can access
in Chromium absolutely fine. Should really have tried that first....

So sorry to trouble everyone with a non-issue however hopefully my
admission of stupidity here may help someone else with the same problem
from making the same mistake as I did....

thanks one and all,

Tom

On 07/11/14 02:40, David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>> The fact the url responds albeit by downloading the BIN file rather than
>> opening the management gui would suggest backuppc is running ok. Seems more
>> like a permissions thing or perhaps an apache config issue.
>>
>> I've seen other posts mentioning the change to apache 2.4 under Ubuntu 14.04
>> but no concrete solution.
> I am using backuppc installed on ubuntu 14.04, and I do not face that
> problem. Probably you have to add user before installing backuppc. So,
> could you try:
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge backuppc
>
> and below is the steps I install it:
>
> sudo useradd backuppc
> sudo passwd backuppc
> sudo apt-get install openssh-client openssh-server rsync apache2 samba smbfs
> sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
> sudo apt-get install backuppc
>
> DK

Tom Fallon