BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04

2014-11-12 19:52:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 01:50:22 +0100
Hi,

Tom Fallon wrote on 2014-11-12 23:03:27 +0000 [Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI
downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04]:
> On 08/11/14 16:40, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
> > wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> to me, this actually does sound like a web server configuration issue
> >> [...]
> > Maybe firefox has cached the static script file contents from a
> > previous misconfiguration and isn't even requesting it again now that
> > the issue is fixed. [...]
> Hey Les
>
> as usual you were spot on. It definitely was the Firefox cache at play -
> I had connected to this box from Firefox previously before rebuilding it
> so something must have hung around from previous config. Cleared cache
> and all ok once more.

so it was a *cached* web server configuration issue ;-).
Yes, that's the way web page expiry dates work. They're always too low, until
you need them low. Then they're too high.

Another hint for the web page trouble FAQ: <Shift> Reload. I wish we still had
a wiki with contents.

Regards,
Holger