BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04

2014-11-03 19:05:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04
From: Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 00:03:20 +0000

On 31/10/14 12:28, Tom Fallon wrote:
Hi all

I've rebuilt a backupserver using Ubuntu 14.04 and when I go to the web GUI at http://servername/backuppc I'm presented with a BIN file download option.

I did find this link on the Arch forums which seems to have same issue https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=183151 but it mentions commenting out a line in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf - I've tried looking for same in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf but cannot see it.

Has anyone else encountered this under Ubuntu and know of a solution please?

regards Tom

From doing a bit more digging online this appears to be an issue with the new version of Apache (2.4) published with Ubuntu 14.04. So likely I should have installed Ubuntu 12.04 instead :(

I've found some posts online which suggest setting up a symlink as follows:

ln -s /etc/backuppc/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/backuppc.conf

I've tried that (and restarted Apache) and still getting the bin file rather than the GUI page. Another post by Brad
Alexander here recommended replacing entries in the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf from:

Order allow,deny
allow from all

to:

Require all granted

and any pairs that have "deny from all" to

Require all denied

I tried both of these and sadly neither helped. Any other
suggestions out there folks?

regards Tom