BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04

2014-11-13 02:54:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04
From: Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
To: General list for user discussion questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 07:53:07 +0000

Morning Holger

Was going to ask about that separately actually. Most older posts refer to the wiki. But links to it don't seem to work.  Has it been abandoned?

Tom.

On 13 Nov 2014 00:57, "Holger Parplies" <wbppc AT parplies DOT de> wrote:
Hi,

Tom Fallon wrote on 2014-11-12 23:03:27 +0000 [Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04]:
> On 08/11/14 16:40, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de> wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> to me, this actually does sound like a web server configuration issue
> >> [...]
> > Maybe firefox has cached the static script file contents from a
> > previous misconfiguration and isn't even requesting it again now that
> > the issue is fixed. [...]
> Hey Les
>
> as usual you were spot on. It definitely was the Firefox cache at play -
> I had connected to this box from Firefox previously before rebuilding it
> so something must have hung around from previous config. Cleared cache
> and all ok once more.

so it was a *cached* web server configuration issue ;-).
Yes, that's the way web page expiry dates work. They're always too low, until
you need them low. Then they're too high.

Another hint for the web page trouble FAQ: <Shift> Reload. I wish we still had
a wiki with contents.

Regards,
Holger