BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04

2014-11-06 14:24:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] web GUI downloading BIN file Ubuntu 14.04
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:23:15 -0500
On 11/06 06:31 , Tom Fallon wrote:
> The fact the url responds albeit by downloading the BIN file rather than
> opening the management gui would suggest backuppc is running ok. Seems more
> like a permissions thing or perhaps an apache config issue.

It's some kind of Apache config issue, tho I don't know off the top of my
head which directive specifically. My guess is that something isn't passing
the correct MIME type declaration (an AddType setting) or else there isn't
an appropritate AddHandler directive.

The Debian and Ubuntu packages generally set all that up automagically so I
don't remember ever having to set these.

Of course, I could be wrong and you could go a long way down a rabbit hole
chasing this. I don't know what you said your distribution was, but my
advice would be to try setting it up on a brand new Debian or Ubuntu system
and a) see if it works there, and b) copy the config once you understand it.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator