BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1

2014-06-29 06:14:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1
From: Paolo Basenghi <paolo.basenghi AT fcr.re DOT it>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:12:31 +0200
Il 29/06/2014 03.02, Les Mikesell ha scritto:
Smbclient will default to reading smb.conf from the standard location, but you could override that by adding '-s /path/to/your/smb.conf' to the SmbClient related commands.
This can be a good idea. Thank you.
I'm missing something here. The smb config has nothing to do with rsync based xfers. Does the xfer log show any files copied? Maybe the box is just very slow at compressing files and was not finished when the (configurable) timeout happened.

As you can view in the log I attached in my original post, BackupPC_Dump produces the warning at every step. The parameter "conn log" can be found only in smb.conf so I assume that it is smbclient complaining.
But smbclient should not be involved at all, so I think this could be a bug.
I attach config.pl and afrodite.pl (afrodite is one of the servers that are backuped via rsync and that produced the output I attached in my last post).

Thank you and best regards
Paolo