BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1

2014-06-30 11:11:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:10:27 -0500
On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Paolo Basenghi
<paolo.basenghi AT fcr.re DOT it> wrote:
> Il 30/06/2014 16:25, Holger Parplies ha scritto:
>>> As you can view in the log I attached in my original post, BackupPC_Dump
>>> produces the warning at every step.
>>
>> Do you have shell access to the device? Can you run something like
>>
>>       % ssh -q -x -l root afrodite /bin/true
> You're right Holger! Tried the above command from a bash on the device
> as backuppc user and obtained the warning about unknown parameter "conn
> log". If I delete the smb.conf related line, then no warning at all!
>
> Now I've got no time to investigate, but I will do it at soon!

Where did you delete the line in question?    A quirk of the backuppc
implementation of rsync is that it can't handle any output sent from
the remote side before the rsync program starts, although that usually
results in an error that is logged as a version mismatch.