BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1

2014-06-30 12:47:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1
From: Paolo Basenghi <paolo.basenghi AT fcr.re DOT it>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:45:43 +0200
Il 30/06/2014 17:09, backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org ha scritto:

> I have a QNAP TS219PII, though I don't use it for backuppc.
>
> I don't get any extraneous messages when I ssh a command into it:
Yes, the problem arises when you install OptWare (needed by BackupPC on
QNAP) and use the OptWare samba utilities (QNAP provides only the samba
daemons and not the client utilities) AND QNAP firmware 4.1.x

But you have to ssh FROM your QNAP, not TO it.

The root problem is not a BackupPC issue, but BackupPC does not manage
the warning in the right way: the backup fail after a long idle time
instead of going ahead after logging the warning message.

Regards,
Paolo Basenghi