BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1

2014-06-30 12:30:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BUG (IMHO): BackupPC_Dump on QNAP QTS 4.1
From: Paolo Basenghi <paolo.basenghi AT fcr.re DOT it>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:28:44 +0200
Il 30/06/2014 17:10, Les Mikesell ha scritto:
> Where did you delete the line in question? A quirk of the backuppc
> implementation of rsync is that it can't handle any output sent from
> the remote side before the rsync program starts, although that usually
> results in an error that is logged as a version mismatch.

The parameter is in smb.conf on the QNAP NAS. It appeared with the last
firmware upgrade (QTS 4.1.x).
It is not present at the remote side (a Linux server with rsync 2.6.8,
quite old, I know!).

Same problem affect even Linux servers with more recent rsync versions
(CentOS 5.10 and 6.5), I think the problem is only on the QNAP side.

Regards,
Paolo Basenghi