BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] BackupPC 4.0.0alpha1 released

2013-07-13 03:01:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] BackupPC 4.0.0alpha1 released
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Developers discussion <backuppc-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 23:58:56 -0700
Yes - you have the right solution.  These files shouldn't be in the release.

I was using a new MacOSX machine, and I botched the final tarballs for alpha1 by using the default bsdtar on MacOSX (instead of gnu tar), and it added the MacOSX AppleDouble files, which contain metadata which is useless in this case.

Craig