BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.0.0alpha1 released

2013-07-10 03:54:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.0.0alpha1 released
From: Ghislain <gadnet AT aqueos DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:36:02 +0200
hi,

this is great news to see v4 in the radar, we love this wonderfull piece of software and seing a new version is exciting :)

I saw : Any backup can be deleted (deltas are merged into next older backup if it is not filled).

in the changelogs. Can this possibility be turned off or restricted on a user/host/general basis in the web Gui ?

One of the thing i love with backuppc is that even an hacked account cannot be wiped out, limiting the famous "fired employee that logs and wipe all including backup" one minute before leaving problem :)

we encountered the issue once and the fact that backuppc was read only saved the day.

regards,
Jean