BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.0.0alpha1 released

2013-07-10 17:37:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.0.0alpha1 released
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Ghislain <gadnet AT aqueos DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:35:15 -0700
Jean,

I should have been clearer in my explanation.  This isn't a user feature in 4.0.0 that allows users to delete any backup.

What I was trying to say was that 4.0.0 includes the ability to delete any backup, while maintaining the consistency of the reverse deltas.  That simplifies the deletion logic.  In contrast, 3.x doesn't allow a backup to be deleted that others depend on for the deltas.   It's not a user-level feature though.

Craig