BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?

2011-11-22 11:03:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:52:52 -0500
hansbkk AT gmail DOT com wrote on 11/22/2011 05:07:51 AM:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Bob Proulx <bob AT proulx DOT com> wrote:
>
> > Obviously due to the advantages of a long term operating system
> release I would prefer to remain on the Debian Stable release.
>
> A completely separate point, but related - rather than messing with
> changing TopDir or other config options in your BPC setup, I recommend
> leaving everything where it wants to be and just using symlinks (or
> fstab mountpoints) to point to wherever you'd like.

I wholeheartedly agree.  If you're gonna drink the Kool-Aid, drink it:  if Debian wants the pool at X, leave it at X!  If you're going to mess with things like that, then you've already moved away from a Stable configuration.  A simple symlink gives you the ability to manage your data however you want, and yet remain 100% compatible with Stable.

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com