BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?

2011-11-21 16:46:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:44:48 -0600
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Bob Proulx <bob AT proulx DOT com> wrote:

> I edited the configuration file and
> changed to "$Conf{TopDir} = '/srv/backuppc';" which I thought would
> have been sufficient.  I did this before performing any backups so
> that all data would be stored in the new location.  Obviously I left
> some remnant behind which is causing the problem.

If you install from the sourceforge tarball, there is an installation
script that lets you choose locations.  However, in the
distribution-packaged versions this step has already been done.  In
versions before 3.2, that involved substituting paths into the code so
it wasn't a runtime evaluation everywhere.