BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?

2011-11-21 17:48:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?
From: Bob Proulx <bob AT proulx DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:46:22 -0700
Steve wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Change_archive_directory
>
> In "Changing the name of the archive directory," the part about
> changing Lib.pm is critical for the pre-3.2 version and easily missed.

It looks to me like this has already been done.  And in the upstream
source, not in any patches.  I just reviewed the Debian specific
patches and they look fine to me but do not cover anything in this
area.

File Lib.pm:
  sub new
    $topDir     = '/var/lib/backuppc' if ( $topDir eq "" );

I am guessing that the wisdom of the net had determined that the above
doesn't work as intended and doesn't get topDir from the config file.
Okay.  I will put a debug statement in there (just for my own info)
and will override the value at that point.

I can certainly symlink from one location to the other.  Have done so.
But wanting to have a better understanding I am going to poke into the
problem a little more.  Because I would like to be able to recover the
now existing backups and have them linked into the cpool to save disk
space.

Bob