BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?

2011-11-21 14:19:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool always empty?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:17:31 -0600
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Bob Proulx <bob AT proulx DOT com> wrote:

> Further investigation shows that BackupPC is throwing errors during
> the link run.  Seeing many of these in the log file.  (It would be
> great if errors like this were emailed to the admin as part of the
> email notification from BackupPC.  I had not noticed them.)

The usual causes for this are that you either have the cpool and pc
directories on different filesystems (which can't work) or you changed
the TopDir location after installation (which doesn't work in versions
before 3.2).   If you can't update to 3.2, the best approach is to
mount your archive in the expected location or symlink it so it
appears there.  A less likely cause is that you have used a filesystem
that doesn't support hardlinks (like vfat).