BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?

2011-05-19 07:17:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?
From: Peter Lavender <plaven AT internode.on DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 21:15:58 +1000
On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 13:02 -0400, Phil K. wrote:

I've been happily running backuppc on a dlink dns-321 with only minor issues (RRDtool wants the nolock option for some reason). NFS has been quite stable and tweakable for oue use.

I'm running a Thecus, N4200 as my Home NAS and it's NFS mounted from my PC grade linux server and seems fine.

The only issue I've found is the RRD graphs don't update.

Now I've read this, I'm going to see where I set the nolock and see if it fixes my last remaining problem.

Peter.