BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?

2011-05-18 10:34:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:33:29 +0200
Hi,

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote on 2011-05-18 02:41:15 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?]:
> [...]
> let's end this thread...

great idea, I second that!

Timothy's point, as I understand it, was that if you *do* have buggy NFS
implementations, you have the choice of either putting time into fixing that
or putting time into implementing a different option (iSCSI, ATAoE), and that
not everyone enjoys the challenge of hacking a proprietary NAS device. You
do, and that's fine. I wouldn't, but I spend time on other topics where I
*know* there's a simple solution or workaround readily available, but I
prefer to go the complicated way - just for fun or for good reasons.

Your experience seems to indicate that NAS devices occasionally *do* have
buggy NFS implementations and other pitfalls, right? ;-)

I believe many if not all options have been pointed out, so let's either find
something we *really* disagree on or move on ...

Regards,
Holger