BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?

2011-05-17 11:27:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best NAS device to run BackupPC ?
From: Tomasz Pawlik <tomi AT mtl.one DOT pl>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 17:07:37 +0200
Hi Laurent,

I have installed BackupPC on my very low-cost Synology DS110j. My device
is running DSM 3.0 and optware perl.

Installation was not easy at all and I think it will be the same on
other Synology devices.

Performance is also rather poor since my NAS has 128MB of RAM and very
little processor ;) You can forget about pool compression and more then
two simultaneous backups.

Despite that I'm very satisfied with this setup because I have 24 hours
for doing my backups and performance is not an issue. Device is small,
quiet and low power consuming.

Tom.