BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate

2011-05-11 10:33:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate
From: "Ryan Blake" <rblake3 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:31:48 -0400
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:24 AM
To: "General list for user discussion,questions and support"
<backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Subject: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate

> It is extremely busy right now at the office. I am attempting to set up a
> new BackupPC server. It's an older Dell Dimension computer with 1 GB of
> memory and a 1 TB hard drive.
>
> Right now, I have the latest Ubuntu with BackupPC installed. I can't get
> the web interface going. Firefox indicates that Apache is set up
> correctly. However, I can't seem to get the BackupPC web interface to come
> up.
>
> If anyone can help me set this set up, I would appreciate it. At this
> point, I am willing to pay for it. If you think I should use a different
> distribution, I am willing to use a different one.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Chris Baker

Have you tried navigating to http://localhost/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin from
your browser (as the manual indicates)?

You also may find it helpful to navigate to the web root of apache and
ensure that the BackupPC_Admin file is located under cgi-bin and with
execute permissions.

While I understand you do not have a great deal of time to spend on this,
you might want to simply look into waiting until you can dedicate more time
to this project.  Having a single 1TB HDD without a RAID 1 can have a high
failure rate, which would cause your entire implementation strategy to
fail... So, all I'm saying is take the time to do it right by doing your
research before trying to place it into production.

~Ryan