BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate

2011-05-11 10:53:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I need help and will compensate
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:52:01 -0500
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Chris Baker <cbaker AT intera DOT com> wrote:
> It is extremely busy right now at the office. I am attempting to set up a
> new BackupPC server. It's an older Dell Dimension computer with 1 GB of
> memory and a 1 TB hard drive.
>
> Right now, I have the latest Ubuntu with BackupPC installed. I can't get the
> web interface going.

I recently did a contract job of setting up BackupPC on an Ubuntu
10.04 LTS server remotely (completely over SSH).

I didn't have any issues with the web interface other than setting the
backuppc password in apache and restarting the service.

After that ssh tunneling worked quite well to manage it remotely.

Richard