BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

2011-05-12 19:54:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 01:53:16 +0200
Hi,

first of all, please avoid HTML mail to mailing lists at all costs. Thank you.

The OP wrote:
> > > thanks for the reply, seems to be the latter as I can easily connect
> > > to the smb host with other windows and mac machines.

Yes, but you don't say as which user, which is the whole point.

> > > [...]
> > > I doubt its a credentials problem since I get a completely
> > > different error when I deliberately enter incorrect creds (LOGON
> > > FAILURE).

Just to make what others have already written overclear:

NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE = invalid user/pass combination (user does not exist
                          or password incorrect)
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED = user/pass combination valid, but authenticated user
                          has no access

Though, according to what Timothy writes, the matter is more complicated.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Holger