BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup

2010-05-06 09:22:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:19:34 +0200
> > What can you people suggest? Les, do you have some specific advices?
>
> On slow connections it will help to add the -C (compress)
> option to the ssh command.  Be sure you exclude any areas or
> big files you don't need to back up (like the slocate db on
> linux boxes, etc.).  If you do several remote backups, don't
> do too many concurrently and try to get the start times and
> full runs skewed.

OK, for SSH, I'm already using -C switch...

Things I don't need to back up are excluded...

I'm actually doing 8 remote backups, which are starting alltogether at
21 PM... Until now, I didn't have too many troubles with bandwidth/time,
but I'll re-evaluate if it will come to a bottleneck.

So, in the end: is there any way to optimise my backups? Would the
application of more levels of incrementals, be helpful?

Kind regards,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21