BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup

2010-05-06 04:29:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourcing backup
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 09:27:57 +0100
On Thursday 06 May 2010 08:36:35 Adam Goryachev wrote:
> Also, I frequently add bwlimit to rsync so it doesn't 'flood' the remote
> link during backups. This can allow me to do some backups during periods
> which would otherwise not be possible (ie, business hours).

Me too.  For any wireless laptop client, I add this to RsyncArgs:

--bwlimit=256

That will set a rate limit of approximately 256 kbytes/sec, or 2 mbit.  I
haven't found it necessary to set a bwlimit on any wired device.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist
the black flag, and begin to slit throats."