BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Merge config in per-host config?

2009-09-04 23:57:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Merge config in per-host config?
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Davide Brini <dave_br AT gmx DOT com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 20:54:50 -0700
Davide,

The basic problem with putting perl expressions in the config file
(to make settings cumulative) is that it isn't compatible with the
CGI config editor.  The config editor will get the intended computed
values, but when it re-writes the config file it will just write the
values, not the original expression.

In 3.2.0beta0 I added $Conf{RsyncArgsExtra}, which allows additional
rsync arguments to be appended.  I realize this isn't a general
solution.

Craig