BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Merge config in per-host config?

2009-09-03 18:13:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Merge config in per-host config?
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 00:07:49 +0200
On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 04:46:58PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> > But maybe the global config could be made available as $GlobalConf{xyz}
> > within the per-host config? I remember having tried the same thing -
> > that is, I want a set of default excludes, then extend then for one
> > host. Currently, I have to repeat the whole default config just to
> > append one more directory to the excludes.
>
> Doesn't that happen by itself if you use the web interface to edit the
> per-host config?  That is, you see all of the default array elements
> from the main config file until you insert a new one and then the set
> becomes an override.  If you have enough machines that you don't want to
> use the web interface to make a change, you could use a script to make
> whatever edits you want.

I'm not using the web interface for configuring my hosts, for example
because I've got a
do "somepath/DefaultRsync.conf";
in several config.pl. I just would like to say "add this to the default
excludes list" in config.pl which should be pretty easy given that it is
Perl code already.

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de