BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] XP rsync SLOW and fails

2009-09-03 18:18:38
Subject: [BackupPC-users] XP rsync SLOW and fails
From: brianbe2 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 18:14:47 -0400
Hello Tino,

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have full period set to 29.67
with all other parameters as default except for full keep count as 2.
Inrementals are all default. Blackouts set to zero for the laptops so I can
specify the hours tailored to each user.

Reason for the Full being as it is... One full per month is fine with me so the
user is not burdened with an unresponsive, or slow laptop. The incrementals
backup all data since the last full there four even though I only have 6
incrementals available they contain all data since the last full, right? sure
there is a gap between the last full, say at the beginning of the month and an
incremental toward the end of the month, but I am not too worried about going
back any further than the six days. If worse cam to worse and a rebuilding of
the laptop were to be forced upon us, we'd restore the full and the last
incremental, right?

So, unless I'm missing something, I should be okay. I'll gladly take your
opinions, I just don't want the user to be aware that the backup even runs
during the day. Now, at night, for those users who LEAVE their laptops at the
office, that is another picture. I will set the period to 6.97 and leave the
full keep to 2 to conserve space. I hope I am being prudent, yet efficient.

Your thoughts?
Brian