BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Excludes not working

2009-08-27 17:17:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Excludes not working
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:13:41 -0500
On 08/27 01:20 , Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> Looks like I might have led a few people astray. It turns out '/Documents
> and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files' won't work as an
> exclude for smb shares. I'm sorting out exactly what will work. Found a few
> bugs in my excludes along the way. Thanks everyone. :)

Ok. Here's a set that does work for SMB. The ones I posted before were an
untried set I copied from rsync excludes and hadn't tested for SMB yet.

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
       'C$' => [
        '\RECYCLER',
        '\WINNT',
        '\temp',
        '\WUTemp',
        '\WINDOWS',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\History',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Cookies',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\Favorites',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\IETldCache',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\IECompatCache',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\NetHood',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\PrivacIE',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\PrintHood',
        '\Documents and Settings\*\WINDOWS',