BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Excludes not working

2009-08-26 22:16:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Excludes not working
From: Mark Maciolek <mlm AT sr.unh DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:12:37 -0400
hi,

I believe the / are in the wrong direction; from my system.pl file

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
   '*' => [
     '\\Program Files\\Legato',
     '\\Documents and Settings\\NetworkService\\NTUSER.DAT',
     '\\WINDOWS\\system32\\config'
   ]
};
$Conf{SmbShareName} = [
   'C$',
   'E$'
];

Mark

Chris Baker wrote:
> I have never been able to get excludes to work either. I tried a few of the
> suggestions here. I have all Windows machines and am using smb to back them
> up.
>
> Anyway, here is what I have in the exclude section:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   'c$' => [
>     '/program files',
>     '/axium',
>     '/i386',
>     '/drivers',
>     '/dell',
>     '/temp',
>     '/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files',
>     '/windows'
>   ]
> };
>
> So, what is wrong here?
>
> Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
> systems administrator
> INTERA -- 512-425-2006

Mark Maciolek           Network Administrator
mlm AT sr.unh DOT edu  Morse Hall Room 339
University of New Hampshire    862-3050