BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Excludes not working

2009-08-26 15:02:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Excludes not working
From: "Osburn, Michael" <Michael.Osburn AT echostar DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:57:53 -0600

Greetings all,

I apoligize in advance if this has been beaten to death, by my search
foo is failing me today.

I am trying to backup my backuppc server while excluding the backups
directory. No matter what I put under excludes in the config, I still
end up with the cpool and pc directories in my backups. Here is the
config files relevent to this host and a break down of the structure.
Any help would be appreciated.

/var/lib/backuppc -> /data/backup  (symbolic link)

cat /etc/backuppc/pc/backupserv1.pl
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $host sudo
$rsyncPath $argLi
$Conf{XferLogLevel} = '10000000000';
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {};
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '/selinux/*' => [
    ''
  ],
  '/dev/*' => [
    ''
  ],
  '/var/lib/backuppc' => [
    ''
  ],
  'data' => [
    ''
  ],
  '/data/*' => [
    ''
  ],
  '/proc/*' => [
    ''
  ]
};

dpkg -l backuppc

Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-
pend
uppercase=bad)
+++-==============-==============-======================================
======
ii  backuppc       3.1.0-4lenny1  high-performance, enterprise-grade
system fo

 cat /etc/debian_version
5.0.2

Uname -a
Linux backupserv1 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 14 07:12:04 UTC 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks,

Michael Osburn
CAS Engineering
EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
530 Echostar Drive
Cheyenne,  WY  82007
(307) 633-5232 michael.osburn AT echostar DOT com