BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Having Several Issues

2009-06-26 12:47:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Having Several Issues
From: Admiral Beotch <AdmiralBeotch AT hackerish DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:41:51 -0700

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:09, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

What I'm wondering is, if you had mounted your drive on
/var/lib/backuppc before the yum install (or had set it up during the
Centos install) would any of the other steps have been necessary?

Good point. I will test this when my new hardware gets here...

I'm going to guess that the chcon would still have been necessary because the default SELinux policy probably does not expect httpd_t to have so much access to a file system. But we'll give it a shot.

...so I'm surprised you didn't follow the directions for a mount or soft
link at /var/lib/backuppc that should be somewhere on the wiki.

You're suprised I didnt follow directions? Well, that makes one of us. 8D