BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Having Several Issues

2009-06-26 13:45:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Having Several Issues
From: Admiral Beotch <AdmiralBeotch AT hackerish DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:41:07 -0700
Once I get it all figured out, I'll definitely send the information off to the packager. Again, excellent catch on mounting the disk to the default TOPDIR before installing the rpm. I cant wait to try that in a couple days.

I dont want to fork this thread, but I have a strong stance on this issue and I see it getting ignored a lot on many forums... SELinux is an awesome security framework and should never be disabled. It's like a firewall for processes. One wouldn't disable a firewall because it kept an required application from working, you'd figure out how to unblock the traffic. The same should go for SELinux. If a service or account gets compromised or abused, SELinux will keep it sandboxed so it can't affect other parts of the system.