BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC working for a year, all of a sudden nothing works

2009-01-03 19:01:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC working for a year, all of a sudden nothing works
From: "Ambrose Li" <ambrose.li AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:59:11 -0500
2009/1/3 Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>:
> It looks like the "educated guesses" do not help in this case. Something
> breaks without leaving an evident trace at the level of backuppc and of
> Linux - you need more evidence (I agree, after having eliminated the
> most likely explanations for such a diffusely manifested error).

I don't see why the symptoms don't fit in the guess of "power supply
failure". It makes the PC randomly reboot, generates segmentation
faults which look like RAM errors, and it would leave no trace in any
log. When I had a failing power supply a few years ago, the
motherboard thought that the CPU was dying.

IMHO the first thing to try to eliminate is whether it's a power
supply problem.
--
cheers,
-ambrose