BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC working for a year, all of a sudden nothing works

2009-01-03 17:46:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC working for a year, all of a sudden nothing works
From: Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms AT unige DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 22:38:52 +0100
It looks like the "educated guesses" do not help in this case. Something
breaks without leaving an evident trace at the level of backuppc and of
Linux - you need more evidence (I agree, after having eliminated the
most likely explanations for such a diffusely manifested error).

The next step I would attempt (and which has already been suggested) is
to try and get more direct feedback from rsync: look at the command-line
that backuppc generates and than run this command manually from a shell
- maybe adding a -v to get more output. There may be some hope that
rsync produces a helpful message which is not caught by backuppc and by
the OS and which might give you a hint on what is going on.