BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc mirroring with rdiff-backup or not?

2008-11-17 18:26:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc mirroring with rdiff-backup or not?
From: "Ermanno Novali" <ermanno AT steamware DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:24:51 +0100
> Also, if your pool is only 10G of data, and your filesystem is 2TB, then
> rsync or cp will work better. The above discussion mostly applies to
> large pools..... Although the definition of "large pools" is somewhat
> murky, and it differs depending on your backuppc hardware, I would guess
> something around 500G would be large...

I've tested rsync and rdiff-backup
(http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/) and rdiff-backup
seems to be more responsive, and seems to begin to write before rsync...

anyone here with experience with rdiff-backup? I think that (except
being -maybe- less time consuming)
it's like rsync (good & bads included)

And thanks for your reply,
Ermanno