BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups seem to work, but don't show up in web

2008-08-12 20:11:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups seem to work, but don't show up in web
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Alan McKay <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:10:31 +0200
Hi,

Nils summed it up quite nicely.

Alan McKay wrote on 2008-08-10 19:09:23 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups
seem to work, but don't show up in web]:
> [...]
> Do you want to see my config file?

No, I'm not really desperate about it. I've got my own config file. Whenever I
feel the need to stare at a beautiful config file, it does quite nicely. Not
that it's happened so far ...

We just might be able to ask intelligent questions like "why is your
XferLogLevel so ridiculously high?" or refrain from asking it if it doesn't
apply. I'll refrain, knowing it isn't, because

> I have a /etc/BackupPC/config.pl which I edited to the best of
> my ability.

I'm not questioning your ability.

Alan McKay wrote on 2008-08-12 18:28:54 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups
seem to work, but don't show up in web]:
> [...]
> > So what am I looking for?  There is an awful lot of info in there.

There shouldn't be, so that's a start. My XferLog shows one line per file.
Give us a sample of the first several lines that don't look like that. Unless
you've got XferLogLevel too high. Which you don't.

Regards,
Holger