BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups seem to work, but don't show up in web

2008-08-12 18:29:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups seem to work, but don't show up in web
From: "Alan McKay" <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:28:54 -0400
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>> let me rephrase that. If your XferLOG.0.z is really 101GB long, there is
>> either something seriously wrong, you are backing up an insane amount of
>> data,
>> or your path names are all ridiculously long. I would guess something is very
>> wrong, so I'd start looking here (though obviously not through the web
>
> So what am I looking for?  There is an awful lot of info in there.
> Is there some text I can grep for which indicates error messages or
> something?

Any further guidance here?   I'm definitely not going to go wading
through a 100Gb log file without any further guidance on what to look
for.  If I can't figure this out I'll probably just nuke BackupPC and
write a few scripts to use rsync to do the job, along with one of the
programs I found to traverse the HD and hard-link dup files..

I'm a seasoned Linux/UNIX guy and not the least bit shy of a bit of
debugging.   But I'm still not going to go blindly wading through a
100Gb log file.

--
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends"
 - Abraham Lincoln