Amanda-Users

Amanda Source IP ?

2009-09-27 22:48:09
Subject: Amanda Source IP ?
From: Jason Frisvold <friz AT godshell DOT com>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:36:09 -0400
Hi all,

I've been happily using Amanda for some time now, but I seem to have run into a recent snag. The backup server has multiple addresses on a single interface and, for some reason, it has taken to using the secondary IP as the source for Amanda communications. This becomes a problem as I have firewall rules throughout the network that specify the primary interface IP.

Is there a way to set the IP to use within Amanda? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm currently running Amanda 2.5.1, though I'm looking to move to 2.6.1 soon.

Thanks,

---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
friz AT godshell DOT com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."