Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Source IP ?

2009-09-28 11:05:38
Subject: Re: Amanda Source IP ?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jason Frisvold <friz AT godshell DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:58:52 -0400
On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Jason Frisvold <friz AT godshell DOT com>
wrote:
>        Is there a way to set the IP to use within Amanda?  If so, can
> someone point me in the right direction?  I'm currently running Amanda
> 2.5.1, though I'm looking to move to 2.6.1 soon.

No, at the moment there is no configuration for this -- Amanda does
not bind its sockets to any particular IP, so the OS chooses a source
IP using its own algorithms.  This usually "just works" (it will pick
an IP on the same subnet if possible).

To answer Chris's question, I would expect that the domain names given
in the disklist are now resolving to an address that is "closer" to
the secondary IP, in whatever measurements the kernel is making.

It would be nice to see source-IP support added, at least to BSDTCP (I
wouldn't bother futzing with BSD or BSDUDP).  Jason, do you want to
take a look?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer