Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush doesn't?

2007-05-31 09:33:39
Subject: Re: autoflush doesn't?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:25:58 -0400
On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Olivier Nicole wrote:
>>> Until it goes DING sufficiently loud to get my attention that there
>>> is already something in there from back on the 7th of may!
>>> -rw------- 1 amanda disk 53739520 May  7 00:47 coyote._root.0.1.tmp
>>
>>The bit from may 7 is labelled tmp, it must be a partial dump.
>>
>>Just a wild guess, but the file name is not matching other DLEs.
>
>That's possible, I didn't notice the .tmp.  In any event, its at least 3
>generations old with my dumpcycle, so its been deleted.  Seems to me I had
> an unscheduled reboot, clicked on the wrong icon or something, back about
> then.
>
>Thanks Olivier
>
>>Olivier

It seems we haven't an autoflush function anymore.  It did not flush yesterday
mornings EOT leftovers this morning, so I am doing it by hand.  This
shouldn't be required when there is a line:

autoflush       yes

in my 'Daily' amanda.conf

This is (brought to you by Amanda version 2.5.2-20070525), on an uptodate FC6
system running kernel 2.6.22-rc3 on an AMD XP-2800 cpu.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The person who's taking you to lunch has no intention of paying.