Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush doesn't?

2007-05-31 12:50:26
Subject: Re: autoflush doesn't?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:42:35 -0500
On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:40:00AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Humm, odd indeed.  I did get an email from the amverify phase of flush.sh,
> but
> the sub-terminal and shell I ran it from are gone!  And I did not get an
> email from the flush itself, nor did it delete whats in the holding disk.
>
> [root@coyote ~]# grep usetimestamps /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf
> # the usetimestamps option is enabled, however, Amanda can track as many
> usetimestamps yes
>
> [root@coyote ~]# ls -lR /dumps
> /dumps:
> total 4
> drwx------ 2 amanda disk 4096 May 30 01:58 20070530000504
>
> /dumps/20070530000504:
> total 6052
> -rw------- 1 amanda disk   43008 May 30 01:58 coyote._bin.1
> -rw------- 1 amanda disk  301829 May 30 01:55 coyote._etc.1
<snip>
> Scanning /dumps...
>   20070530000504: found Amanda directory.
> Could not find any valid dump image, check directory.

Can you send along 'head -n1' of coyote._bin.1?  The problem we had with this
recently was that the holding-disk scanning code looked for a timestamp in the
holding file header, but when usetimestamps=no, the header only contained a
datestamp.  But that was fixed on 5/15 (r329), and you're not using
usetimestamps=no, so I'm somewhat stumped.

Please also send the output of 'amadmin Daily holding list -l'.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.