Amanda-Users

Re: missing function in amanda?

2007-03-20 06:49:25
Subject: Re: missing function in amanda?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:39:09 -0400
Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

In my troubleshooting of the 2.6.21-rc* vs tar thinking the whole system is new, where it works normally for any kernel up to 2.6.20.3. I find I'm in need of an amestimate command, to have amdump survey the system and report how much data (before compression obviously) that a dump would generate, but without doing anything to the install other than what it would normally do if it went all the way through the estimate phase plus its scheduling calculations, reporting the results and then exiting without actually doing anything.

Run the 'planner', don't forget to run 'amcleanup' once the planner finish.

Jean-Louis