Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda on Gentoo Linux?

2007-03-20 12:34:12
Subject: Re: Amanda on Gentoo Linux?
From: Linda Pahdoco <linda AT meridian-ds DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:21:07 -0500
My backup server is Gentoo, as are a couple of other servers and workstations it backs up. It's been running steady as a rock for years.

The only issue we've hit recently is not being able to get incrementals on machines with updated tar packages. We get Level 0 every night. We stay pretty on top of patches from Gentoo, and we've seen it on multiple systems. We're also seeing it on Windows 2003 boxes running amanda under Cygwin. I don't think that has anything to do with the server, only with the client machine(s).

We are still at 2.4.5.

LP