Amanda-Users

Re: LTO Tape Bar Codes...

2007-03-20 13:53:26
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Bar Codes...
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:44:43 -0400

Byarlay, Wayne A. wrote:
Greetings Amanda users,

Somewhat off-topic since it concerns hardware, but, hey, it's still a
backup/archive question...
Does anybody know of a utility which allows me to print my own LTO3 bar
code labels? Man, these things are a RIP-OFF to buy! One sheet of 20
stickers, like $70!

Sounds like a rip-off. Are you getting custom labels?

Insight Public Sector has prices of about $50 for sheets of 100, and $98 for sheets of 200. They are probably just a bit higher than that for those who are not public sector.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator
(*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center