Amanda-Users

Re: LTO Tape Bar Codes...

2007-03-20 14:06:08
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Bar Codes...
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 at 1:44pm, Chris Hoogendyk wrote

Byarlay, Wayne A. wrote:
Greetings Amanda users,

Somewhat off-topic since it concerns hardware, but, hey, it's still a
backup/archive question... Does anybody know of a utility which allows me to print my own LTO3 bar
code labels? Man, these things are a RIP-OFF to buy! One sheet of 20
stickers, like $70!

Sounds like a rip-off. Are you getting custom labels?

Insight Public Sector has prices of about $50 for sheets of 100, and $98 for sheets of 200. They are probably just a bit higher than that for those who are not public sector.

Or, do what I do. Buy full sheet label paper, use GNU barcode to make the labels, print 'em, and then cut to size.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering