Amanda-Users

Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device

2006-09-18 10:20:27
Subject: Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Keywords: ;
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:37:08 -0400
Craig,

I know I posted, and exchanged information on this with others on
the list some time ago.

Give me a chance to look in my outbox, or you can check the list
archives, and we'll see what we can see.

What version of Solaris ?

I access the robot as /dev/scsi/changer/c6-something, I recall
that it has a unique SCSI id on the bus but a LUN of 0.

[Unlike the C2 jukebox, that that is another thread]

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:48:28AM +1000, Craig Dewick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got Amanda happily seeing the tape drive itself in the L9, but not
> the robotics controller. The L9 is attached to an Sbus 'isp' SCSI card in
> the Sparc 20 and it's configured into amanda.conf using the
> '/dev/rmt/0lbn' device node (the kernels picks it up as 'st15' during a
> reconfiguration boot), and the issue at the moment is working out what is
> the correct 'class' string to get the 'sgen' driver to recognise and bind
> to the robotics controller.
>
> I've tried using 'QLGC,isp' and just plain 'isp'. The robotics controller
> is SCSI ID # 0 going on what the unit's admin screen tells me. There are
> two ISP cards in the machine - one LVD/SE card connecting to a Sun hard
> disk array, and the diff scsi one going to the L9.
>
> Any idea on what the correct 'class' string for the sgen.conf file should
> be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig.
>
> --
> Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
> Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @
> "http://www.sunshack.org";
> Forums @ "http://www.sunshack.org/phpBB2";. Also Galleries, tech archive,
> etc.
> Sun Microsystems webring at
> "http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=sunmicrosystemsu";.
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org