Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck output

2006-09-18 07:09:14
Subject: Re: amcheck output
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:53:34 +1000 (EST)

On 2006-09-18 08:32, Craig Dewick wrote:

Here's the amcheck output with things as they are now. I can't find any reference to the 'tapefile' error message in the amcheck man page.

That is a minor bug.  The word should be "tapelist"
(tapefile is name of the variable that holds the filedescriptor to
"tapelist" in the source code.)

Ah ok makes sense now. Thanks. I've created an empty file in the amanda conf directory and the error message doesn't show up anymore when amcheck is run.

Now I just need to get the tape changer control working properly. I'm not sure what operating mode to set the L9 to - it defaults to auto-detect mode but I've just changed it to stacker mode using the front panel controls and turned auto-load off. I'll see what amcheck does now....

Something still isn't right as any attempt to manipulate the changer using amtape commands reports back as 'no slots available'. Will try more things tomorrow - gotta work at 2.30 am so time to sleep is nigh. 8-)

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";