Amanda-Users

Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device

2006-09-18 12:41:25
Subject: Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 02:27:41 +1000 (EST)
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Brian Cuttler wrote:

I know I posted, and exchanged information on this with others on
the list some time ago.

Give me a chance to look in my outbox, or you can check the list
archives, and we'll see what we can see.

What version of Solaris ?

Solaris 9.

I access the robot as /dev/scsi/changer/c6-something, I recall
that it has a unique SCSI id on the bus but a LUN of 0.

The front panel indicated that the changer and the drive have different SCSI ID's, but I wonder if that might explain some of the issues with amtape trying to manipulate the changer? When I found the script in the mtx source tree to configure /kernel/drv/sgen.conf (mentioned in a follow-up to the original post about sgen configuration), it set up /dev/scsi/changer/c2t0d0 as the device handle for the changer.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";