Amanda-Users

Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device

2006-09-17 23:42:19
Subject: Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:31:04 +1000 (EST)
After hunting around for a while in Google I found a reference to an old post to this list (!) dating back to about 2003:

http://marc.10east.com/?l=amanda-users&m=106975454004344&w=2

which pointed me to a script in the contrib sub-directory of the mtx source tree. That actually worked and correctly detected the changer device along with creating the device handle for it so now it's configured as '/dev/scsi/changer/c2t0d0'.

I've set up the configuration file for chg-zd-mtx however when I run any of the testing commands outlined in the instructions in the script, they're all returning a 'no slots available error.

In amanda.conf, I've configured the path to the changer.conf file in the changerfile setting. That changer.conf file is set up like this at the moment:

# Sun L9 tape changer configuration for Amanda with MTX
firstslot=1
lastslot=8
cleanslot=-9
driveslot=0
autoclean=0

I've put tapes in slots 1 to 8, and at present nothing in slot 9 (it'll have a cleaning tape soon) so that's why I set cleanslot to be negative (per the script instructions), and set autoclean to zero.

Should I need to change the L9's own configuration with regard to tape selection using the front control panel?

BTW, I'm using plain mtx version 1.2.14 that I built from the source tree. Do I need to use a special version of mtx with chg-zd-mtx as the selected changer script?

Regards,

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.