Amanda-Users

Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device

2006-09-18 02:23:20
Subject: Re: configuring the Solaris 'sgen' driver to bind to L9 changer device
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:12:19 +1000 (EST)
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Jon LaBadie wrote:

My systems have 1.12.17 and 1.12.18.
These versons are about 4 years old.

Ah I checked the proper download site and have got 1.12.18 now so will try that out.

Versons can have a difference if the status strings have different
format.  chg-zd-mtx uses that "no slots available" message only
in one place.  It is shortly after it has massaged the status
output of mtx with some sed scripts.  If those sed scripts fail
to extract the needed information because of format changes then
is it possible to appear that there are not tapes loaded.  I presume
mtx status shows the tapes.  It may just be a slight adjustment of
the regular expressions in the sed scripts to match your mtx.

Ok thanks. I'll double check that I've got the config correct and see what happens. I am also seeing a message about 'tapefile' not existing, which looks like a clear mis-config as it's wanting to create /usr/local/etc/amanda/ORBnet which is the amanda config directory! Clearly not right. 8-)

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";